Saturday, May 07, 2011

Do you have what it takes to run Dirt 3?



Dirt 3 is an upcoming release from Codemasters, it is a rally game in which the player participates at various rally and non rally events. Dirt 3's predecessor, Dirt 2, still gives even today's mid-range graphics cards a run for their money. So I pose this question are you ready for Dirt 3?

Thought I would add some hype, Look at the background!




Codemasters smash hit racing game comes with some hefty system requirements if you are looking for Visual bliss.
System Requirements:
At the very least to get the game to run. the developers say you need:
(Minimum)
  • OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
  • CPU: AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 2.8GHz, Intel Pentium® D 2.8Ghz
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 15GB
  • GFX: AMD RadeonTM HD 2000 256MB, NVIDIA® GeForce® 8000 Series 256MB
  • DirectX®: DirectX® 9
  • Sound: DirectX® compatible soundcard
For an Optimal Dirt 3 Racing experience, your PC is going to have to pack quite some punch:
 (Recommended)
  • OS: Windows® 7
  • CPU: AMD PhenomTM II X4 B50 or Intel® CoreTM i7-860
  • RAM: 3GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 15GB
  • GFX: AMD RadeonTM HD 6900 Series / Nvidia GeForce GTX 500 Series (from 560 upwards)
  • DirectX®: DirectX® 11
  • Sound: DirectX® compatible soundcard
Remember Dirt 3 is going to be a Direct X 11 game, which means Windows XP is out of the question and you going to need a later generation graphics card.

About Dirt3:
Take on the most amount of rally in the series ever
•    Express yourself in freestyle gymkhana events
•    Split-screen, online multiplayer racing and party modes
•    Experience night racing and dramatic snow courses
•    Over 100 routes across 9 locations
•    Compete in Rally, Rallycross, Trailblazer, Head 2 Head, Landrush and Gymkhana
•    Upload your best runs direct to YouTube!
•    Experience jaw-dropping damage
•    Rewind time with flashback
•    Powered by Codemasters’ award winning EGO Engine

Image Sources:

19 comments:

  1. Oh God I am so ready for this game. Codemasters always delivers. Loved GRID, loved Dirt 2, even the f1 racing was fun. Can't wait for this! (Although it's hard to compete with gran turismo 5)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIRT! I love this game. Rally games are intense. I've been on GT5 for a while now, so this is the perfect break from it. Thanks for reminding me about this game, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of the Dirt series.... You should do a review (or at least link one) so I can see what this is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready for it, but my graphics card is a whole other story...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks pretty fun, not sure if my computer will be able to run it though

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Dirt 2 at a discount on Steam originally, and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

    Definitely can't wait for Dirt 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a big race game fan, but I might check this out if my friends get it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theoretically I'll be able to run this. I know I won't, however, because of overheating. Damn laptops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im a pretty great fan of rally games! thnxs for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes. yes i do have what it takes.. damn i cant wait for this game

    ReplyDelete
  11. I run dirt 2 no worries but i think i might struggle with 3...

    ReplyDelete
  12. specs are a little high for me i think

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't think that much time passed since Dirt 2. Not my kind of game, I hate racers =p

    ReplyDelete
  14. no, no i do not.
    I'm pretty awful at racing games!

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like a fun game, i'll have to check it out.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete

Hey, after you commented please fill out the Questionnaire, located here: http://edgecon21.blogspot.com/p/questionare.html